|Module:||Modul 11: Seminar|
|Lecturer:||JProf. Dr. Simon Hensellek, Torben Nübel, Jonah Weißwange|
|Language:||German (seminar), English (paper)|
|Events:||Online-Application:||Monday, 03.07.2023, until Friday, 07.07.2023|
|Kickoff:||Kickoff: Thursday, 12.10.2023, 10:00 - 12:00 o'clock, Zoom|
|Interim Presentation:||Monday, 11.12.2023, 14:00 - 16:00 o'clock, Seminarraumgebäude 1 - 2.028|
|Deadline for paper submission:||Sunday, 03.02.2024|
In the winter semester 2023/2024 our bachelor seminar will focus on the analysis of a large database of German startups. Your task is to analyze a dataset of the "Startup Detector". The dataset contains various data about German new ventures, as well as about their founders, industry, location, and funding. Based on current scientific literature, you will develop your own research questions and hypotheses, which will then be tested on the data using established statistical methods (e.g. regression analysis). In addition, we encourage you to use other suitable data sources, such as social media or company websites, to purposefully enrich the dataset we provide.
If you have another idea for data analysis, e.g. using alternative statistical methods (e.g., fsQCA/NCA), please feel free to contact us.
Participation in the module "Wissenschaftliches Arbeiten" of the Junior Professorship Entrepreneurship and Digitalization in the same semester.
In order to successfully complete the bachelor's seminar in this course, students are required to write a seminar paper as well as give an interim presentation.
- The length of your seminar paper should not exceed 20 pages and should not be less than 15 pages (excluding graphics and tables).
- Processing period: 12.10.2023 - 03.02.2024 (expected date)
- Submission will be made digitally as a PDF file via Moodle.
- Each participant will give an interim presentation (likely via Zoom)
- Each presentation will consist of 10 minutes of talk, followed by a short Q&A session
- Presentations should include at least the structure, methodology, and relevance of the work
- The date of the interim presentation will be announced in the kickoff event
In order to support you optimally in the preparation of your seminar paper, we offer a weekly consultation hour. This takes place every Tuesday from 10:00 - 12:00. Please register in advance, an informal registration via torben.nuebeltu-dortmundde is sufficient. You are also invited to send us your questions in advance.